Monday, March 21, 2011

Long Road

Working where I do is interesting. It's a small, family owned breakfast and lunch place. I've worked there since I became old enough to work.

The family that owns the restaurant is close to mine, so close that they themselves have become family to me.

When I called for a job, I had just become old enough to work, and knew just where I wanted to be. I picked up the phone, dialed the number, and waited for my response.

My Aunt picked up the phone, and I told her I was old enough now, and if there were any openings that I would like a job. She laughed and said that was a good joke, then hung up the phone. I was on the other end, just blinking in disbelief.

It was April 1st, and She thought it was an April Fool's day prank being played by one of the other employees. I called back and got everything straightened out, then had a pretty good laugh. I've been there ever since.

1 comment:

  1. Jarrod! You made me think that today was April 1st. I just got so excited and then realized how wrong I was. You should warn us if your calendar-centric stories have nothing to do with what the date actually is!!

    ReplyDelete